Wednesday 5 December 2018

Urgent ...Precious...And Breathe

Some random photos from the first few days on our Portugal retreat...






















Some random things about today....
Early morning
I read about Conscious Breathing ...a birthday book by Rebecca Dennis  called 'And Breathe'.
I practise the first exercise sitting up in bed...it's really deep yoga breathing...it helps me not to hurtle headlong into my day.
Late morning.
I leave the dermatology department at the hospital without having the little op I was booked in for. A mix up...my appointment was cancelled but they didn't tell me. I see a consultant anyway. He discovers another basal cell carcinoma on the back of my ankle.They are slow growing  small lesions...not serious urgent... so I'm back at the end of the list for surgery in another few months.
Afternoon
I cook up a big pan of butternut squash, carrot and sweet potato soup, adding a can of coconut milk and chopped fresh coriander and spoon its savoury comfort over a soft boiled egg for my lunch. 
Evening 
  Still doing paperwork....I start feeling overwhelmed by Christmas...I  receive three lovely cards in the post....realise how close it is.... and how much of nothing I've done towards it.
Later
I break a pasta bowl ... awkwardly let it slip off the table .. it's not a precious one...I'm thrown into memories...the bottle of red wine Robin dropped on the kitchen floor...the little rose vase my mother gave me... he broke it when he was washing up.... and then when he couldn't wash up anymore...when he couldn't hold the brush in his right hand. How urgent it was... that I should tell him how precious he was...and how I wish I had.

I know ...I know ...I doesn't help me to go there. But sometimes I catches me like a crashing wave. 
It's not a lesion that can be healed by cutting it out with a scalpel.
And Breathe...




No comments:

Post a Comment