Wednesday 17 October 2018

Fuel for my fiery letting go....and only time will tell.

She was sitting on the front gate post this morning and only scuttled off into the hawthorn tree when a noisy tractor rattled past.

I walk with my new camera but it's dismal and  damp. The light is low. The autumn colours are washed out paper white and dead bracken bronze. 







The Calor Gas engineers have finally taken away the old and delivered a new tank. It's smaller and a good clean sage green colour. Makes the old mower garage look even more tatty.
 However I did receive a  £50 compensation gas credit on my bill when I complained to a very nice manager about the endless missed appointment, cancellations  and delays and lack of communication all round which has been going on for the whole time I have been here.

 When I can see it as just  another gift to bring out all my long buried frustration and feelings of powerlessness it somehow takes the sting out of it ...no-one to blame.....just more fuel for my fiery letting go...and healing.


My supper tonight. As my stomach is beginning to feel better I make a sambal of fresh chopped turmeric, chilli ginger, garlic and onion.....stir it into steamed black cabbage, and eat it out of a big bowl along with roasted beetroot and potatoes and a poached egg on top.
So far so good....or maybe a step too far from the bland rice and bananas and mashed potato suppers I've been having. 
Although I was treated to another delicious birthday middle eastern 
 lunch at The Baobab with a dear friend yesterday ....so only time will tell.

" Not too bad ...as we say in English, " to quote my beloved husband.



4 comments:

  1. Thank you...I still need convincing ...and you have done it! Bless you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just look at the squirrel's fur - and the sheeps' wool on the previous post! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another big thank you...it may just be that my eyesight isn't as good as it was but I'm going to trust you and the cameral now! X

    ReplyDelete