Monday 26 March 2018

Spring ....Lambs...Eggshell Rawness...


Random weekend photos in the park......raindrop crocus,


breaking forth pussy willow..


nearly over camellia....


 and soft pink tinged hellebore in someone's front garden as I walk home.



 At my sister's farm on Saturday...very new babies in the neighbour's barn....


the mother had triplets but one of them died.....


and a different brave sweet lamb feeding one of the other mums.


Cheesy sweetcorn fritters for supper for the little ones and courgette and carrot ones  - spiced with chilli, garlic and coriander  - for the grown-ups.


The Butternut Squash and Lemon Cake  with pistachios and sprinkles...turned out to be very moist - especially in the middle - but needed the lemon marmalade drizzle glaze...squash hasn't really got enough flavour to  hold its own as a cake.


Sunday walk in glorious spring sunshine in the Somerset lanes with lovely group of ramblers....followed by seriously over-indulgent long lunch....so hard to stop nibbling at a well stocked cheese board...even when you haven't got a thumbnail of belly room left.


Today I walk with the daffodils...recovering from their snow burden....


the still leafless trees...


the woodland primroses...



and hungry crows in the gardens at Killerton House.


I loved all the stimulation and activity of sharing my weekend with lovely people..... and today I wanted the quietness


and the solitude which is more familiar to me now...


which I need to help me keep a hold on my internal world so that my head doesn't explode with
over thinking and trying to be 'normal' in company so no-one has to worry about me...or be afraid of upsetting me....which they may not be anyway .... not sure if I'm protecting them.... or myself..... from my current eggshell, fragile rawness.





2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you talk about rawness and the struggle to be 'normal' in company. I identify with it all! I suppose that's one reason blogging is so helpful - a place to say things that might be unacceptable somewhere else. Thank you for your honesty. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  2. And thank you for saying so Belinda - you help me more than you may realise by reading and commenting ..making this a safe place to be me. Bless you. X

    ReplyDelete