Wednesday 21 March 2018

After a time is another time.


I'm wondering 


if this squirrel


has something wrong with his tail


it looks skimpy. Or maybe he's just young.


The park



is still wintery....


some stranded 


clumps of snow are still scattered on the grass.


Arty 


water photos....looking down on a little waterfall...



eucalyptus leaves


and branches caught up in the froth of bubbles.



I'm not sure what this bird is  - not a blue tit I think  -  but his song is lovely.



Yesterday's lunch - purple sprouting broccoli drenched in garlic, soy sauce and toasted sesame seeds -  reading the local paper. RAMM is the Royal Albert Memorial Museum.

I feel diluted by yesterday's pilgrimage back in time to all my triggers around Robin's death.
 So today I don't go there.

I keep remembering a lovely saying that a dear friend shared with me, which keeps pulling me back to the present and centring me..

'After a time is another time'.

 This morning while my cleaner whistles round the kitchen with hoover and mop, my sister and I sit on the sofa with rooibos tea and watch de-cluttering videos and read all about Feng Shui and talk about where to start the process in my house ..... which rooms, which possessions have the most emotions attached to them.....what can I let go...what can I hold on to?

I think I know, but it may be a different story when I start. But my intention will be the same -  to take with me to my new home only those things  I love which are beautiful or useful. And what to do if you have too many of something even though you love every one of them?

 ie.All my jugs and bowls.....



2 comments:

  1. Yes you are right -thank you! I looked it up in my bird book just now - 'bigger than a blue tit with a distinctive 2 syllable song' ! X

    ReplyDelete