Sunday 20 May 2012

Tumour


20th May 2012 Sunday
On the phone the vet says he found an abdominal mass inside the pussy cat. A tumour.
It means lymphoma or carcinoma. Can’t be sure which till the results of the bioposy come back on Wednesday. Carcinoma is the worst. It’s treatable with chemotherapy in tablet form. Three to nine months life expectancy.
My husband’s is typically eight years for his disease. But it could be much longer if he stays healthy. I can’t think about it like that though. No one knows the length of the future.
I just want to hold the little bony body of my pussy cat in my arms and feel his silk ear against my cheek. It would only be for a few seconds - he won’t let me hold him for longer than that. 
In the kitchen this evening after I put the phone down to the vet, my husband holds me in his arms for a long slow time. His jumper isn’t as soft as the pussy cat’s fur. But I like listening to the sound of his heart beat next to my cheek.

No comments:

Post a Comment