Tuesday 23 October 2018

.....the past is no longer what it used to be.












More images from my 4 hour walk the other day....following the stony path through the woods.

Today I walk with Robin's family at the Killerton Estate... loving the majesty and protection and longevity of the giant trees brought there from all over the world....sharing it with them.

 And all day this Robert Holden quote has been popping in and out of my mind..... but I'm wondering how to do it.
All day I have had the past sitting on my shoulder....dreading tomorrow...if I let myself think about it even for a second I'm a lost shadow....haunted by that phone call.

So I try and remember him smiling at me instead, the smile that never left his eyes. All the love in him that he shared with us all....the love that doesn't die.
When you forgive the past you discover, all of a sudden, that the past is no longer what it used to be. 


2 comments:

  1. So moving and inspiring as ever. Even though my situation is different from yours, everything you say resonates. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, thank you dear Belinda. That really makes it worthwhile writing ...especially when I don't want to...or forget why I'm doing it. X

    ReplyDelete