Friday 16 March 2018

Skies and Give Sorrow Words














































Just  Portuguese skies tonight -  inspired by my favourite poet Rumi.

'The wound is the place where the light enters.'

Without living through Robin's illness and death I would never have let you see me as I am now, broken open to a my undefended, true self...


And the Exeter sky this afternoon in Pennsylvania where I live.
Where I'm letting in the light as I walk and talk and think and write...and as William Shakespeare says,
 "Give sorrow words.
The grief that does not speak
whispers the o'er fraught heart and bids it break."

Words and pictures to re-define the wound in my open healing heart.



2 comments:

  1. And it's your honesty - your undefended real self - which I love and so admire about your blog. You've always had it - when documenting Robin's illness, as well as now. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Belinda....it was people's big hearts and kindness during Robin's illness that enabled me to come out from behind my masks and start learning to accept support and even ask for it...which meant I had to be vulnerable and be seen - all my frailties exposed ...but actually made me stronger. I will always be so grateful to all of you for that ...and trusting me to come through it in my own way....the hidden gem in all that awful loss. X

    ReplyDelete