Friday 5 August 2016

Morning Noon and Night











The overcoat is back on..

This morning :
 Nice Hospice Care nurse suggests a baby alarm so I can hear Robin in the night. She  says she will refer him to be assessed by the OTs for a wheel chair so I can  take him out to the places he won't walk to any more. 

She says she will look at day care for Robin at the centre. I say it's no good without a one to one person for him. She says they may be able to get a volunteer called a Navigator to stay with him .

Cleaner hoovers  upstairs while we talk at the table.

Lunchtime :
Robin sleeps through it after dear friend takes him out for a jaunt to Exmouth.

This afternoon:

 After cheesy -eggy- left- over- veggie lunch I suggest a drive to National Trust house near Tiverton.  We take the circuitous route along his favourite narrow lanes. Getting close to the house he says he just wants to go home. I change the music on the CD player to Abba Gold.

Late afternoon:

He sleeps..  I sit in the sun for ten minutes with book before he wakes up. I dress him. He sits at the computer for 5 minutes. He wants to go for a walk.   He comes back after 5 minutes. Says he wants to lie down. I undress him and say I will get him up for  a shower at 7pm. 

Evening:

I smear arnica ointment on his shins and  rescue cream on his  top lip where he cut it in two places...when he fell forward  up the bottom step of the stairs.  I get him to stand up with the help of the handling belt. I dose him with Rescue Remedy. Leave him watching TV while I clean up the blood on the stair carpet. And make supper.

So last night was his last shower. I say no more showers now. Will wash him in the kitchen sink till I think about alternatives. A shower cubicle in the utility room, off the kitchen?  And he doesn't have to wash tonight.  Last night was also the last time he did his teeth, very awkwardly, on his own.

Tonight :

After supper most of which he leaves , and after giving him a drink and taking him to the loo, I say I need 45 minutes upstairs and leave him playing on the computer. I say don't call me.  He does call me though - twice - to put his shoes away and to turn off a light.  I say I will do it when I come down. I hear him wandering round the whole time.

Now:
He's in bed. He says it hurts on his left side where he fell and he may not sleep. I dose him with liquid paracetamol. And say see you in the morning.

I'm not sure I want a baby alarm. I  just hope I'm up before he calls me.... into a new, anything could happen day.



No comments:

Post a Comment