Tuesday 30 August 2016

Me Too



This afternoon my Japanese friend comes to tea. She brings me this beautiful cloth printed with Katsushika Hokusai's "Red Fuji"... Mount Fujiama which is supposed to represent immortality. She always comes with little gifts from Toykyo's most famous department store, Tobu, always exquisitely wrapped.

I give her walnut flapjacks and Medjul dates and Earl Grey tea.  And strawberry and blackcurrant jam to take back to Tokyo. She has been visiting us since 2006 or 2007 and is shocked to see the changes in  Robin even since last year. 



Robin has his own Mount Fuji to climb. Me too.



All day people have been coming to the house....some of them late...throwing out the schedule.... my schedule which is about making sure there is enough time for Robin to rest....to eat ....in between appointments and visits. And of course there  always is. And I am so grateful for these people.... going the extra mile....caring for Robin ...and for me.....people who have their own lives and difficulties beyond us..... and have to cope with traffic and accidents and other people's lateness - just as much as I do.

I think that living with terminal illness makes us somehow special but it's no excuse for expecting miracles...everyone is  having a hard time....everyone is crying inside....everyone is doing their best. Me too.



No comments:

Post a Comment