Monday 28 October 2013

Life Line







I'd love to be a kite surfer like these speeding, dancing free spirits on the sea at Exmouth on Saturday ......leaving the dry weight of my fear on the shore.

The batten-down-the-hatches storm that was expected last night came for me in the early hours this morning as I lay awake listening to my husband breathing and the wind smashing against the house like a fury. But no damage done - just someone's recycling bin up-ended in the street with plastic bottles and tin cans flung between the parked cars and in the gutters. And the road closed on my way to yoga - a tree uprooted - its broken branches blocking the way, men with electric saws clearing a path through the debris.

And later this afternoon my own internal storm calmed a little with my mobile phone ringing, a dear friend throwing me a life line.....an appointment with a lawyer tomorrow .....a sea kite to lift me clear of these never ceasing dark waves in my mind.... 






No comments:

Post a Comment