Sunday 27 May 2012

Coconut and Marigolds


27th May 2012 Sunday
I find cooking and making food such a comfort at the moment. Sharing it with a group of dear lovely women like I did this morning is even more nourishing. My contribution to the laden table was a garlicky, gingery, almond, parsley and coconut pesto ( thank you, Nigella, for the inspiration - based on her spicy green coconut chutney) and roasted Provencal veggies. I forgot to bring the grapes for dessert so we had flapjack instead - made with more coconut oil - not just good for my husband’s brain -  hoping it’s good for mine too.
Being with my sisters today, I miss my father more than usual.
My husband comes back from the allotment with two huge bags of marigold seedlings which he hasn’t got room for. They grew wild in my father’s front garden - clumps of orange and gold welcome stars as you walked down his drive in the summer. I’ve got lots of gaps in our front garden since all the pruning, so I’ll plant them there. A better place than at his grave, and my mother’s, which I never visit now.

No comments:

Post a Comment