Monday 14 May 2012

Chronic


14th May 2012 Monday
The  pussy cat throws up again and again. I spend hours on google researching chronic vomiting in cats - all a bit inconclusive, easy to misdiagnose. I ring another alternative vet in Crediton. They don’t ring back. The pussy cat sleeps all day on our bed. He’s out in the night garden now, supperless. The less he eats the more I do.
I think about the word chronic - long standing, always present, constantly troubling. Like  grief. Or my husband’s brain disease.  It’s the opposite of acute which is sudden and severe -  like death. There is something hopeless, inevitable about chronic. Like the word degenerative. At least when something is acute you know it’ll be over soon.
But then I suppose, unlike death, you at least have another chance to find a way to live and love differently however chronic the situation appears. Tonight the tag on my Yogi tea bag said 
Heaven is in the depths of patience.......
I think I also suffer from chronic procrastination. Like making jam from the strawberries in the freezer which have been there since last summer......even though I like making jam.

No comments:

Post a Comment