Thursday 7 November 2019

At Breaking Point...and not giving up The Owls

My day long - long day -  house planning meeting - nailing down on  paper all tiny and huge and insurmountable details leaves me in a stunned stupor. In spite of breaks for  leek and mushroom risotto lunch and tea and shortbread, and the resolute  patience and experience, knowledge and advice of dear friend, I am stretched to breaking point. Out of my depth. Drowning.
There are endless loose ends, doubts, question marks, unknown factors and one very serious drainage issue which may not be possible to resolve without re-drawing the design.
There's so much follow on work, research, choosing stuff for me to do in a short space of time that I want to give up and say I can't do this anymore. 
But I don't want to let go of the garden.
It will seem different in the light of day ....it's tiredness and despair speaking now.
I can hear the owls calling in the darkness...I can't give them up either.
This is the last blog for a while.
I am escaping to the warmth and beauty of our familiar retreat with my dear sisters in Portugal.
Back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment