Tuesday 5 November 2019

SOFT and Comfort Food

I wake to this sky...
and unexpected sunshine...
brightening up the kitchen.
I'm so happy to see the blue tits are back,
but this poor little one has that 
horrible parasitic disease....affecting his eye.
Birthday brunch with a dear friend at The Old Library cafe in Ashburton. Lovely friendly place, fresh, appetising, varied menu - a find.
On the way out we bump into another friend  - coming to celebrate her birthday with her husband. We three all go back 46 years when we lived and worked in Dartington and Totnes, when we  - and the world - were very different.

Later I  have an appointment with a chiropracter who works on my shoulder and back and knee - realigning my out of kilter bones, easing the pain a little.
But I still feel what I've been feeling for a weeks now - SOFT -  a mnemonic Robin and I devised  - 
Stiff
Old
Fat and
Tired.
I suspect adrenal fatigue/winter blues. And too much comfort food.
It's getting dark by the time I arrive  home so I drive further up the hill to see if I can catch a view of the sun going down.
Later I'm pleased to see that Masterchef The Professionals has returned. Like Gardeners' World it's my TV equivalent of comfort food.


No comments:

Post a Comment