Thursday 1 November 2018

Change ....new stuff to learn











Today I had an hour's photograph lesson with lovely young man at Jessops.

The photos above are my attempts to put into practice what I learned using different settings and new function buttons.
The trouble is I can't remember everything we talked about ...and I'm left feeling frustrated and confused and it shows in the photos.... I'm very disappointed. 

I also took my computer into the Apple Store....needed to upgrade some software....now some of the functions are operating slightly differently but not necessarily better. More frustration and confusion. More new stuff to learn.

Maybe it's just change I don't like. And a fear I can't learn new things...or keep up with how fast everything around me is changing....not just technology....getting older...and everything that means and doesn't mean.

It's also probably because I spoke to dear friend on the phone today...briefly....she is in the late stages of Alzheimer's disease....the same age as me. She sounded just like her old self, just like she always does. But soon her partner says she won't be able to lift a spoon to her mouth.

A change I find too hard to swallow this night.



1 comment:

  1. Aha! Photo 2 looks like your garden spindle tree. I might get it right eventually.

    ReplyDelete