Wednesday 7 November 2018

A nest for one.







Walking this evening ...the whole glorious territory of the sky to myself.

This morning we sit at the round plastic garden table
 in the middle of the kitchen,
the young architect and I,
pouring over the fine detail 
of finely drawn
diagrams of my house.

We talk of 
 glass extensions
and knocking down walls
moving doors
and the boiler,
adding radiators
and a shower room.

We walk outside 
into soft sunshine
and falling oak leaves
and imagine if the 
garage wasn't there,
(where would I store Robin's ceramics?)
or 
the swimming pool.

And I paint pictures in my head
which slide around, 
a kaliedescope of dreams
not yet  fixed 
in concrete
in brick and glass.
Not able to nail down
the idea of building 
 a nest 
for one.


No comments:

Post a Comment