Thursday 19 April 2018

Alive and Awake....in ordinariness..


On my walks...recent


robins 

 and 


other 



birdlife


singing 


 in  trees above me


and 


 swimming 


feeding


and preening...oblivious to my camera. 


And in the bright 


summer garden this afternoon


a pair of pigeons


fighting 

 or mating... with a great fluttering of wings.


It wasn't the hottest day yesterday it was today - the hottest April day in London since 1940. 
Hotter than Madrid.

I love it - this heat. It makes me feel alive and awake. And a bit unprepared....unsettled. I have been faffing about most of the afternoon in the house and in and out of the garden...eating my lunch with suncream on....planting the French lavender with my wide brimmed hat on....cutting the grass with my flip-flops on...reading in the shade. 

Feeling like someone I used to be....compelled out of my shadow...into the sun...the force of it calling me...to let in the brightness of my own life.....in all its ordinariness.



No comments:

Post a Comment