Wednesday 4 April 2012

Planning for Happiness

4th April 2012 Wednesday


Suddenly it’s cold again after days of sunshine. I’m awash with hot drinks - lemon tea and Barley Cup and vegetable bouillion - trying and get warm from the inside.


It rains on our way down to Plymouth. Not enough to help the farmers but enough to keep my tulips alive. We have a lovely house warming supper with my dear nephew and his fiancee in their new home.They show us the patio garden, the bright modern rooms, full of love and their future, their two sleek cats prancing ahead of us up the stairs. Later I have a peek at the bridesmaids’ dresses and her wedding shoes and his suit.


And then I remember how it was for us - at the beginning - in the months before we got married......and what it felt like to be excited about the future - planning for happiness.



No comments:

Post a Comment