Monday 9 April 2012

Weeds or Rhubarb?

9th April 2012 Easter Monday


Just one thing......


At the allotment today my husband shows me all the little seedlings he’s planted and the strong pink rhubarb stems. All I see are the weeds - sprouting between the leeks, surging over the radishes, clambering through the carpets on the pathways, strangling the raspberry canes. I see neglect. I’m shocked.


What has he been doing all this time? Why is he being miserable at home when he could be out here weeding? I thought he loved the allotment.


I open my mouth and say it. And make both of us miserable. My pictures, my expectations, my way - the right way. I wonder what it must be like to always have someone making you wrong. Hell I imagine. I know - I do it all the time to myself.



So I always have the choice to see weeds or rhubarb. To look with eyes of fear or eyes of love. And I could practise counting to ten before I open my mouth.


May not have any internet connection tomorrow.....

No comments:

Post a Comment