Wednesday 5 June 2019

Bold Babies...and Being Adventurous

I can't resist taking photos of these sweet baby bluetits.
What is it about all things fluffy that is so appealing....kittens and chicks...maybe it's just that they are babies....and all babies have that built in heart-melting gene.
The parent is tirelessly attentive even though I have seen the babies feed themselves
from the hanging fat balls especially.
Like this baby great tit..
hanging on for dear life... resolute....

look at me... 

I did it!

And  this evening, when I was re-filling the feeders this bold little one just stayed on its perch,

 ignoring me while I came up close with the camera - not afraid at all.

I have been in the kitchen most of the day - only stopping for tea with young friends this afternoon  -  cooking up pasta sauces and birthday cake and flapjack to take away on a trip this weekend  - glamping in a beautiful forest in Mid Wales in a 'Living Treehouse'.   My big sister and I are helping our middle sister to celebrate her 70th birthday with her family high up in the treetops....planning to make it into an adventure inspite of a wet weather forecast.

And I'll be leaving behind my reservations about how to manage without electricity ( my young friends said in unison " but how will you charge your phone?!), no hairdryer, no internet and the only way to have hot water for a shower is to chop wood for the fire, and to read by candlelight.
 But I do know that if I dig deep enough I'll come across those adventurous ancestral genes - my pioneering grandparents who would think the Treehouses were palaces - and do more than survive.....even rise to the challenge.
My parents would be proud.

I'll be back next week....fully charged.






2 comments:

  1. What gorgeous pictures - especially the little feet. What an adventure - a treehouse! Bx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent article. Very interesting to read. I really love to read such a nice article. Thanks! keep rockingjogos online 2019
    friv jogos 4 school online
    jogos friv gratis 2019
    io jogos 2019

    ReplyDelete