Friday 23 February 2018

Lost in Transition


I'm stopped in my tracks by


the shining whiteness of this silver birch tree glowing 


like angel wings on a dull morning as I walk through Northernhay Gardens.


And very excited to see a new bird in the garden...


my bird book says it's a Black Cap....


a  migratory warbler with a song as sweet as a nightingale's. I haven't heard it yet...


These house sparrows are much more common visitors at my fat balls.

I'm getting ready to go away for a few weeks to Portugal. I did the same thing about this time last year.....wanting time alone to grieve in a beautiful place  - familiar but not home. I was grateful to be there but was still recently raw from Robin's death and could only feel numb and disconnected.

Not sure how I'll be this time. But still grateful for the space and beauty and especially to be so close to the sea.

I'm trying to decide what to pack. Every time I open a drawer I get distracted.....tugged down into a  treasure box of memories.....knowing I need to de-clutter ......wanting to let go....but feeling lost in transition.


Last blog till I come back ...it will be March already.

 Time blowing in the wind....flinging fragile seeds.


2 comments:

  1. All best wishes for the trip. Such a good time to get away and enjoy some sun and warmer weather. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Belinda...and I think it may rain a lot but it definitely won't be as cold as here! TX

    ReplyDelete