Friday 22 December 2017

The Second Christmas


I have been wobbly and 


tearful again today....losing concentration...slow and dreamy about everything. So I was very happy to be in the company of this sweet robin in the front garden this morning.





I haven't seen him for a while - it could be a her - I now know that male and female robins have the same plumage .... but this morning he flew in and sat on my front gate and chirruped away all the time I was sweeping up the dead leaves on the path and cutting some branches off the low spreading conifers. I was missing seeing him and hearing his familiar song.

 As well as the conifer branches, I brought in from the back garden sprigs of very dark green prickly holly - sadly no berries - trailing ivy,  and some osmanthus burkwoodii  which is a similar bush to holly but has a prettier variegated leaf, and sprigs of daphne already in flower.

 I decorated the mantlepieces and filled tall jugs with all my fresh green abundance. 

I tried to tidy up the house but got overwhelmed by all the stuff in every room...clutter and just too many belongings...so I made a Christmas cake instead. My last minute cake -  full of fruit and nuts but lighter and not so rich....and it doesn't take 3 hours to cook.

And now it's the day before Christmas eve. The second Christmas ....somehow harder to bear than the  first.

I wish you all peace.... and joyful moments.... and many blessings in the coming days.

I will be back in 2018.




No comments:

Post a Comment