Monday 18 December 2017

Disconnected.... and grateful


Random photo from my archives. 

I’m writing this on my iPhone as I have lost the internet connection in the house as today was the day I switched from British Telecom to another supplier. It did not go well. I lost my afternoon. And will have to wait in for another router to be delivered tomorrow. The young man who was helping me on the end of the phone while I was running up & down the stairs looking for phone sockets unplugging & reconnecting every device I could find, couldn’t have been more patient & apologetic & not just because I was in tears with frustration at the end of it.

I didn’t realise how utterly dependent I have become on my computer ... to keep me connected.
And how grateful I am I have this alternative on my phone.
And how grateful I am that I can write this at all even though I’m a painfully slow typist on this tiny keyboard with my big fingers.

I have remembered that you can’t be resentful & grateful at the same time .... So gratitude is a great antidote to anger & upset.


No comments:

Post a Comment