Friday 25 September 2015

Budleigh and Love




 Yesterday I collected my birthday present Peter Wood painting -   the iconic view of the pine trees and the estuary at Budleigh Salterton  - from the framers and hung it in my study - opposite my snuggle chair. It's hard to get  good photo - reflected light from the window. But I love it. I love Budleigh and I love living in the South West.


I'd forgotten that I first came to Budleigh Salterton when I was a teenager, still lived in Zambia, and I came to visit a schoolfriend when we were on our last leave here - never dreaming one day  I would live only miles away from it and it would have such a special place in my life. Especially the pine trees.


I've taken  many photos of this view over the years......























over the seasons.....and in this one looking the other way.



Today I felt the luckiest great aunty in the world.....








and remembered that love is everything.





No comments:

Post a Comment