Wednesday 29 October 2014

A Daily Dose of Simon's Cat




A Portuguese pussy cat.....from Faro.... a few years ago when my sisters and I were stranded there for a few days.... wandering the back streets.....filling in time....waiting for a flight out after an air traffic controllers' strike brought the airport to a standstill.


Before we arrive at our EFT counsellor's flat in Sidmouth this afternoon I'm feeling downhearted and as bleak as the mist and drizzle which follows us all the way there.
She says she has something to show us - an antidote to the TV news and cartoon films( Family Guy) my husband watches late at night. She plays us two clips of Simon's Cat. I laugh all the way through them even though I 've seen them before.

Maybe you have to be a cat-lover, but driving home I don't feel so besieged by the proper miserable weather....maybe it's the endorphins that laughter releases in the brain. Or maybe it's the memory of my husband's face after our counsellor leads him in a tapping session.....and he says he feels closer to God since his brain disease. She suggests that as anything is possible, he could keep that God closeness and let go of the disease.

He says it wouldn't be him doing that ....that it's in God's hands.

Reminding me that ALL IS WELL  - especially when I forget to look beyond the mist that hangs around me most of the time now - like a taunting will o' the wisp.

I recommend a daily dose of Simon's Cat for all and any adversity... 


(Click on Films)


No comments:

Post a Comment