Monday 2 July 2012

A Slow Smile


2nd July 2012 Monday

 3.45 pm - we are waiting for the call from the Citizen’s Advice Bureau with the sound turned down on  the TV - watching Andy Murray and Cilic slogging it out under dark grey skies over Wimbledon. I have a list of questions to ask -  questions which have been swirling in my head for days. I’ve been feeling jittery ever since I woke up -  which is mad really as this call is about helping us - these people are on our side.  Maybe I’m afraid what we’ll find out.
I jump when the phone rings and turn it on to loud speaker so we can both hear. He’s such a lovely man with a beautiful voice -  he listens and finds out the answers and calls us back. I want to leap down the phone and hug him. He advises us to try and postpone the tribunal to get more medical evidence. He dilutes my fear that I have done something bad.
When I turn the sound back up on the TV my world feels different. As if the clouds have dropped their rain and I can see a clean light approaching  - spreading like a slow smile on the horizon.

No comments:

Post a Comment