Wednesday 7 February 2018

A Rukus and Estate Agents and Gut Instinct


A flurry


of gull


and duck


in Topsham


on Sunday....


someone was throwing breadcrumbs to


the birds and 


causing


a ruckus.


Today I feel a bit wiped out from all the emotional excitement of planning to move.

I tidy up and put away a lot of Robin's things in his office to make the space look less cluttered.

Two different estate agents come and walk through the rooms of the sweet smelling  house - my cleaner is a marvel -  and crunch across the frozen lawn to the back gate at the end of the garden.

They leave me with two wildly different valuations and quotations of services they will provide.  Another one comes tomorrow .....there is bound to be a happy medium somewhere. Whatever they say I may need to go with my own gut instinct on it all.

 The price isn't everything but this quote by Gertrude Stein sent to me by a dear friend this morning made me laugh.

Whoever said money can't buy happiness didn't know where to shop.








No comments:

Post a Comment