Friday 5 February 2016

More Love Than Pain




















































I've been trawling through the archives of my food photos. I want to get some printed on square canvas to hang on the walls in my study. But probably only five of them. How to choose? Each one has an association, a story, a memory attached.  I didn't notice till I put them together like this that each one holds a curve, a circle, an orb, something round and solid. Maybe my unconscious attraction to the shape of wholeness.....and the colour of beauty.

This afternoon, with the light fading, and while Robin is in the gentle hands of dear friends, our lovely CPN, who has a great stillness about her,  listens to me from the big chair in the sitting room.  When I can't help crying a bit she says,

You  mustn't wait till breaking point before you get the help you want. Start setting it up now.

I have to work out what that is and then find it. I know it's there. Possibly a personal assistant for Robin for a few hours or  more in the week. It could all be a bit of trial and error to start with. I'm not breaking yet....frayed around the edges and knackered......but not alone and not defeated.

And very very grateful that I always have more love than pain in my life. 






No comments:

Post a Comment