Thursday 10 September 2015

Sleeping













Lyme Regis on Sunday - brilliant hot sunshine. We've had a glorious Indian Summer week. It was 21degrees this afternoon.

Robin sleeps his way through the day at the Mede Care Centre....and again after I pick him up this afternoon he sleeps long into the evening. I'm trusting it's what he needs to do. When I come back from my Deeksha mediation tonight he has picked the blackberries at the allotment like I asked him to. But his supper's still unmade. I prepare the salad and the beans on toast for him while he's in the bath. And have a long talk to my big sister on the phone.

I need to sleep too. This afternoon, after all that market shopping, I eat my huge salad and left over veggies lunch at the table on the patio, the sun almost too hot on my face. But I can't keep my eyes open... retreat inside and fall asleep on the sofa, waking up in a panic thinking I'd overslept and would be late to pick up Robin. But it was only half an hour - not enough to reach deep into my cells where tiredness has taken up squatters rights  - made its home there.

Best to let it be....chasing after the longing to rest, to escape, is just another stress....but going to bed now...trusting it's what I need to do.


Crab apples .......I think.


No comments:

Post a Comment