Tuesday 21 October 2014

Tiny Triumphs



Today at Budleigh Salterton - between squally showers.


Madeira



 Little India, Singapore



In the walled vegetable garden at Barrington Court


Allotment squashes from an autumn past....


Chinese lanterns....


Botanical Gardens, Madeira.

Random moments from today....

In a charity shop in Budleigh, shopping with a friend...... finding a wooden bead necklace, tiny  bright beads threaded between the big ones - matching  the colour of my new mustard green tunic top....remembering my mother and how she loved colour co-ordinating everything...

I ring a man to come and mend the lock on our back door which has been broken for weeks - at least we haven't been able to lock it. As I'm  speaking to him to arrange a time to come and fix it I turn the key and it locks like a dream...mends itself....a miracle.

The house smells like Christmas...I make a new recipe - a Chocolate Fruit Cake ( Nigella Lawson) crammed full of prunes and cranberries  - to give to a friend as a swop for his coaching....

 I'm watching a film on TV - Double Jeopardy -  and my husband comes in with my iPad  - he  thinks he's broken it playing solitaire as it's completely frozen and he can't turn it off. I say I'll take it to the Apple Store tomorrow. Then I Google how to unfreeze an iPad ...it says press 2 buttons simultaneously - I can't work out what it means - press all the buttons and it doesn't work....give up and go back to my film.

Then I try again and it unfreezes - just like it said it would  - like magic.

  A few tiny triumphs....shining out like the mustard green beads in the wooden necklace of my day....






3 comments:

  1. All electronic equipment these days also features 'stress detection' circuits at no extra cost. These come into play when you are stressed (i.e. anytime you use the equipment) and cause further stress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would explain why I nearly blew a circuit today trying to work out what's wrong with my husband's computer - the motherboard apparently - requiring the even more stressful decision about to buy or not to buy a new one! At least now I know it's not just me - thank you,Sage! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do bear in mind that the poor computer is under stress- by design this time- to make it work faster; they then have to slow them down enough to not blow up too quickly. It's probably time to replace it before everything else gets the same idea. x

    ReplyDelete