Thursday 9 October 2014

The Moon and Toast




I heard about the eclipse of the moon on the news last night - they call it a blood moon. This is the moon I woke up to this morning at 7.30am.

 A bit later, in between heavy rain showers, I take my baskets to the farmers' market which is wreathed in the aromas of breakfast wafting over from the cafes - coffee, toast, hot bakery. Even the new library is perfumed with canteen breakfast smells as I wander the aisles searching for novels.

My mobile phone rings while I'm buying carrots and celery and eggs - an invitation to join some friends for coffee ....lovely to be in their company and  savour the taste of my mocha instead of just smelling the breakfasts all around me.

Tonight I come home from my deeksha meditation group laden with more lovely cards and presents and a slab of chocolate birthday cake for my husband. The aroma of toast and bacon and grilled banana greets me - my husband is cooking his supper....and boiling an egg for me.

And so my day begins and ends with toast. And a full shining moon - the colour of egg shells -  not yet the colour of blood. 

No comments:

Post a Comment