Thursday 23 October 2014

Breaking The Mould




Spiral turrets of the Romanesco cauliflower I bought in the market this morning....it's a much brighter lime green than in the photo....couldn't get the light right ....


Evening sky/telegraph wires - back garden...


 Nature - a miracle of mathematical symmetry....almost too wonderous to eat.....



Honeysuckle on the fence -  love its wild abandon - don't want to prune it yet....




Birthday gifts.....


My Family Constellation counsellor asks me ,

Is there anyone in your family who broke the mould of "missionary/save the world" ethic which runs like a coal seam in your blood line? 

I remember my mother telling us about her cousin or second cousin who was an actress with masses of curly red hair.....who  was rebellious and vivacious.....who married a famous artist....and later a Frenchman and they ran a restaurant outside Paris.
 I don't know what she was really like - if the stories about her became family myths -  but she  always held a fascination for me.

I close my eyes and ask her if she has any advice for me from her vantage in the spirit world.
She says,

Take the pressure off yourself of getting it right all the time.

Let the people who want to save the world do it their way...it's not yours.

Take the path that brings you joy.

Take the rules out of food and put joy in their place.

Don't over-ride your intuition with duty - thinking it will bring you approval.

What makes you tired is thinking you aren't good enough.

Nourish yourself and it will feed other people.


Now that really would be breaking the mould for me.....





No comments:

Post a Comment