Tuesday 5 August 2014

Lumpy and Bumpy




Tonight I make Courgette and Feta Fritters - loosely based on a Nigella Lawson recipe. The loose bit is that I use coconut flour ( gluten free) - a recent health food shop purchase - instead of plain flour - so the texture is grainy, a bit like rice flour. The fritters fall to bits in the pan - probably because of the flour and also I don't chop the spring onions very finely and add sweetcorn as well and loads of basil so they are lumpy and bumpy...and take ages to fry. I hardly ever fry anything and now the house and my clothes and my skin smell of smoking hot olive oil.

My husband really likes them though and we eat them squeezed over with lemon juice - lime would be better - and a side helping of Green Beans and Tomatoes. 

They aren't delicious looking enough for a photo so instead I've posted this sparking blue water and wading bird on Waikenae Beach near Paraparaumu in NZ.

My husband stopped taking his anti-depressant pills today. The Clinical Psychologist we saw this morning said he may have withdrawal symptoms.  But my husband hopes for less withdrawing and feeling his feelings more.
I'm expecting a lumpy and bumpy ride ahead..... and some falling to bits too.


No comments:

Post a Comment