Sunday 6 January 2013

Unputabledownable


6th January 2013 Sunday

I just ate three satsumas. We called them naartjies when I was growing up in Zambia. My lips are stinging from the spray of the sharp oil in their skin. I want to get lots of Vitamin C into me to fight this cold. I overdid it yesterday  - thinking I was better - back to bed today. Trying to trust my instincts.....surprised how much I can sleep....how little appetite I have....

My father has been so much on my mind, unravelling my heart....been reading my blogs around this time last year....didn’t know then that he would be gone within the week.... All afternoon I’ve heard his voice strong and clear and sure in the pages of his autobiography. Like all his books I find this one unputabledownable.....I remember he laughed when I used that phrase about his book New Hope For Africa, but in a pleased way.....

Tomorrow I’m starting Susannah Conway’s e-course about blogging.....so maybe this is my  last blog in this form....another ending - since I started in April 2010 -  and not sure how to begin again....but I suppose that’s the point.....letting go of what I know.... which isn’t that much really .....will just have to chance it - which is what I think my father did a lot.....and step into the void.....listening out for the whoosh of angel wings....

2 comments:

  1. I love your blog as it is, but I may like the new one even more. All best wishes for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Belinda - What synchronicity - I was just browsing your blog as the first lesson for today is to read some other bloggers that inspire you! Thanks for being out there - love the cobwebby photos....TX

      Delete