Monday 16 July 2012

Breakfast Lunch and Supper


16th July 2012 Monday
Breakfast on the run - mashed banana and toasted sesame seeds.
Coffee in Costa with sympathetic Devon Carer - facing huge troubles of her own - she advises to live for today - spend the money now - enjoy husband while you can.
Lunch with husband - left over curried veggies and cashew nuts. He leaves half his plate. The pussy cat sits on the lawn and chews at long wet grasses.
Type up letter asking for medical evidence from  Professor Neurologist describing life with husband with dying vocab. Husband looks sad but agrees when I read it to him.
Coffee in delicious posh hotel with dear friend after she opens up her wardrobe to me and offers me style advice and her beautiful pashmina and pearls to go with my outfit for nephew’s wedding.
Tea with husband at kitchen table while I correct my spelling mistakes in letter to Professor Neurologist.
Professor Neurologist offers anti- depressants to sad husband but we decide they aren’t necessary as depression isn’t prevalent condition - once I explain to husband what prevalent is. PN agrees to write letter for tribunal - nice man.
Spend lots of money on not very much but very high quality stuff at Waitrose. If that shop was an icecream it would be a knickerblockerglory.
Supper on my own - garlic prawns, soy noodles, ginger pak choi and courgettes - watching Jamie and his festival picnic food  - none of which I’ll ever cook but love his enthusiasm - while husband sings in his choir.
Write blog wondering what happened to me in my day and if I’ll ever find time to read poetry again. Or learn to write it.

No comments:

Post a Comment