Wednesday 18 July 2018

Feasting....Forgetting... and in awe of parents and grandparents.


 I don't know what happened - I thought I published this yesterday...but just found it in drafts... 
While the bees feast on sweet marjoram and oregano in the herb garden,

I lunch with my sweet Italian family - green bean pesto on fusilli by my niece,

all home grown green garden salad by my sister,

jammy marshmallow dodgers by my 5 and 3 quarters year old great niece.

Later, after hilarious board games round the table......and scooting down slides and swishing through the air on swings in the park.......and hot chocolate and flapjacks and blueberry muffins in the Potting Shed Cafe........and a huge supper of stuffed courgette flowers, salmon and herb mash and green beans......we cut into my Bakewell Tart . It's is still a bit gooey in the middle -  no-one complains. But really we are all already too full up and tired and worn out to eat any more than a sliver.

Even though I'm totally knackered  - and totally in awe of all parents and grandparents of little people  - it was so lovely for me to be absorbed into their company and totally forget about the relentless detail of moving house and home  - put it on hold for one day at least. 


Wednesday 18th July

It was harder to forget it all today - even in the utterly absorbing whirlwind of little people and their needs - I'm getting worried about how close I am to moving  - having already booked the removal van - without having exchanged contracts. I need to chase. My worst thing - next to packing. So I'm chanting instead....

All is well and all manner of things shall be well.





No comments:

Post a Comment