Thursday 26 May 2016

Respite Over/Circle of Love











A fire bowl at The Cider Press Centre at Dartington where we had lunch on Sunday at Cranks Vegetarian restaurant. A mediocre salad, heavy on potatoes, and a good roast butternut squash tart. I think the food was better when I used to work there 37 years ago.


Feeling sad that my respite days are over. I've revelled in the quietness of the house, my unrestricted hours, the space to fill or leave empty with my plans or my dithering or my pottering.
I sleep for a while before I go back to the hospital. The kind of sleep you never have enough of.

  I'll collect Robin tomorrow along with the "cough assist" machine. He slept most of the afternoon after his treatment. His arm is sore. Especially his hand where the canula is attached. I sat in the chair next to his bed and read while the cleaner mopped the floor around me. We chatted a bit.
She said 
You'll be glad to have him home.

I have to wake him up for the physiotherapist to go through the process of breathing into the cough assist machine and I have to sign lots of forms to say I've understood how to use it.

While his lovely carer form the Mede visits him tonight I go to my Deeksha meditation group. I haven't been ever since I decided it wasn't OK to leave Robin on his own in the house. I let the familiar music wash over me, I can feel myself nodding off and let myself rest in the circle of love.....not thinking great spiritual thoughts ....just looking forward to the fresh mint tea, lovely homemade flapjacks and catching up with dear friends afterwards.






No comments:

Post a Comment