Thursday 20 August 2015

A Flood Of Sweetness








I'm drowning in Victoria plums. Never had such a huge crop. The lower  branches are so heavy with fruit they are bowing to the ground. I haven't been to the allotment for a week....the plums were still green then and I wasn't expecting them to be ripe already.

I picked 5 huge bags which made no impression on the tree at all. I stood on a white plastic chair to stretch up as far as I could but the ones on the top branches will rot and fall as they are way beyond a ladder's reach.

Robin went back with the car later to collect the bags as they were far too heavy to carry. Now I've got to work out what to do with them all.....before the next invasion. And then the apples will be ready for picking....and storing. 

This flood of sweetness swirling around me.... a lake which I can't swim in.

No comments:

Post a Comment