Wednesday 12 August 2015

A Baking Swan Song






It was biscuit week on The Great British Bake Off ( watched by millions now apparently - even more than a football final - could that be true.....). The contestants made Biscotti. These are the ones Robin and I made almost exactly to the day last year. Tonight I leant a lot about about why ours break up,   and burn on the second baking and are rock hard. Even though that's how he likes them, I think the Bake Off ones looked much better.

I'm feeling a bit sad about biscuits -  today I visited a Kineseologist who said I needed treatment for my spleen and gut and giving up sugar/fruit and dairy products for a while is part of the treatment. While I'm getting used to the idea..... planning to start next week.....  this afternoon I made a chocolate almond cake and sesame cheese biscuits. A  bit of a baking swan song.

As Robin has a nasty bug and doesn't want to eat much at all I'll keep them for him till he feels better.


No comments:

Post a Comment