Monday 27 April 2015

Done Deal






















More spring at Killerton Estate on Sunday afternoon.


Saturday morning we walk back from town, rucksacks full of supplies from The Real Food Store -  our most local supermarket - organic wholemeal bread and milk, bacon and Clive's pies -  I'm stocking up the fridge for when I go away to Cornwall on Wednesday- leaving RC in the TLC of my sister for a whole week.
On the way we pass the British Heart Foundation second hand furniture store. I'm still looking for a footstool for my room. I've decided if I can't find one I'll buy the one from Ikea called Poang which I saw last time we went to the store near Bristol -  but after several hours trailing around the aisles I lost the will to live -  and all decision making faculties - and so abandoned the whole thing.

Within one minute of entering the BHF store, I spot it - an Ikea Poang footstool. Exactly what I want - an elegant wooden frame, a wide slim cushion - horrible rough plaid cushion cover, but that is easily removed, for £20.  Done deal. We go back, collect the car and within 15 minutes it's settled in front of my snuggle chair - cover removed and draped in a soft deep purple throw just waiting for my feet.

I love it how there is a time for everything to happen - once my intention is set, put out into the ether and then let go, it sort of happens by itself. I haven't forgotten about my desk chair  - it's waiting for me somewhere - waiting to arrive when the time is right. I just have to keep my eyes open and keep sitting in chairs in shops. And trust that all is well.


No comments:

Post a Comment