Tuesday 16 July 2013

Stories and Reddies





This morning I told my history, and some of my family history -  the story of my grandparents and as far back as I know -  to a lovely woman who is a Family Constellation councellor. She's looking for patterns which repeat, for losses and tragedies, for lies and cover-ups for what needs healing in the past....a route to healing for me in the present.

It's a long time since I've really gone back into my life story - the story I tell of my life anyway - I found it took me into a faraway country -  I wonder what happened to that girl, that woman I was, who feels like a version of me but not me.

 And the story of my husband and me...... leaving that one in the past..... and finding a way to write a new script for us....needing help with that....

This afternoon I spent with boxes of red currants ( my husband calls them reddies) and a fork. Thank you, Delia Smith, for the brilliant tip about how to scoot them off their delicate stems through the tines of a fork without squishing them to a berry mush. My plan was to make red currant and strawberry jam with the last of the allotment strawberries but there are so many of them....and I had to water the parched garden too...... that I ran out of time.

The heat wave is official in the South West. On Thursday we are heading off to the South East for a few days where it  looks even hotter than here on the weather map...so will be blogging again on our return......

No comments:

Post a Comment