Monday 31 July 2017

Connected




Connecting in the sea at 


Budleigh Salterton on Saturday



on Connected Humanity Day, at the request of my nephew who was 40 years old on that day.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if we could always remember we are human beings first before our nationality or gender or age....the place where we are really connected - our hearts. And then acted accordingly. 
I notice how quickly I can get disconnected even from the people I love when I'm angry resentful and judgemental.

Help change the world on Connected Humanity Day
On Saturday 29th July, take someone’s hand, find some connected water (stream, river or the sea) and simply paddle in it to show and share your belief in Connected Humanity.
If you want to, think about the many others around the world connected by the same water and choose what you want to do to help connect humanity.
If you can, take a photo of your feet in the water and post it on the Connected Humanity Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/ConnectedHumaity/) with a message about what you plan to do.
Get connected: to people and the planet
Live lightly: slow down a little and try giving more than you take Laugh more: share your joy with others 





Connecting with Robin.




Just as my brother and I were leaving,  this sweet Robin flew down into the memorial garden next to Robin's  grave, perched on a post and waited patiently for me to take a photo of him. 

"Oh, it's Uncle Robin " as my great nephew says now whenever he sees a Robin in the garden. I think it is too.


Today I've been laid low with a sore throat and a cold. So I stayed in bed, slept and read and dosed myself with hot lemon, ginger and honey. I let myself disconnect from all of the things I have to do and sink into the null and void of an unexpectedly cancelled day. 

 Maybe one day I'll find a way to take a day off from my whirling dervish to-do list without having to be ill first.




No comments:

Post a Comment