Tuesday 8 March 2011

Never Too Late

Monday 7th March


Day 320


It’s not really too late to cook when I get home from my father’s house but I feel limp with weariness. So I think the easiest, quickest supper has to be mash and greens and grilled salmon. I peel the potatoes and change my mind - decide roasting them will be more delicious, more of an aroma magnet to pull me through the evening. I find some knobbly Jerusalem artichokes and a slightly wizened parsnip at the bottom of the fridge so I peel those too, boil them till they are fluffy edged and sling the whole lot in the oven.


It takes a bit longer to prepare and it’s only a Monday - but just imagine if in the night you lost your taste buds - or a Beloved - and you and they missed a chance to savour the joy of roast potatoes one more time.

No comments:

Post a Comment