Thursday 27 July 2017

Moment of Gold














Some random photos - these are from our trip to Antalya in Turkey in 2009 -  scrolling through my photo library....looking for ones to delete.  There are many of those....a job to be done. A non urgent job which may never get done.

I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed with all the more urgent things there are to do in the next few weeks before I go away.

So I make supper for me and my brother. Chop onions and garlic .... hot fruity olive oil in the pan...scoot in the first knobby purple red brandy wine tomatoes I bought in the market this morning...a handful of sliced green beans from my sister's garden...a big spoon of vegetable bouillon..... a scattering of  emerald green parsley..... and soon the kitchen is steaming with savoury fragrance.

 Which calms me and keeps me in the urgent task of stirring my tomatoey garlicky stew with  a wooden spoon making sure it doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan.

 Keeping me in the moment of gold.






No comments:

Post a Comment