Tuesday 7 February 2017

Tiny Intimations of Spring












































Tiny intimations of spring in the park this morning. Tight buds still holding their light in unfurled sheaths.  It's still very cold but unexpected sunshine draws me away from the dining room table scattered with my paperwork. There are still a few companies who I have to inform about  Robin's death.  So that I don't have to receive letters addressed to him. So I don't have to write on the envelope,

Deceased, return to sender.

I fall asleep on the sofa when I come back from my walk. I don't know why I'm this tired -  more tired than just having a bad night. It still feels like a dream to be able to follow my own rhythm. And a dream to wake up to no Robin.

Later I make a garlicky hummus whizzed up with cumin and coriander using the left over chick peas from Sunday's pavlova.

In the post I receive a letter from the Friends of the Earth in Torquay.  Thanking me - and my husband -  for 
'the handsome sum of £980 - donations in lieu of flowers. He must have been a very well regarded man to have so much money given in his memory." 

Hooray for Robin. And hooray for all those generous kind people who made donations.

Tonight I read this lovely inspiring quote, posted by my eldest cousin, from the  Enlightened Society.

If you are more fortunate than others it's better to build a longer table than a higher fence.



The moon this evening. Still light at 6pm. The days getting longer.....minute by minute.


No comments:

Post a Comment