Monday 21 December 2015

Solstice Supper


Pistachio Meringues - a take home gift from a friend this afternoon - part of the sumptuous Christmas tea she gave us after Robin's healing session with her....reminding him that he doesn't need his arms and hands to be the gift of love that he is to all of us.

 Tonight at a gorgeous Solstice celebration at a friend's beautiful home I felt so deeply touched by her words about how we don't ever really know the effect we have on each other....how it's not just the big things we are all doing in our lives that ripple out into the world but it's often the little things too. The small thoughtful kindnesses that touch our hearts.....that get passed on ....that keep us connected.

I heard a man being interviewed on the radio today -  I think he had a post office in a small village that had been very badly damaged by the floods in Cumbria and he said he had offers of help from more than 50 people - to do the horrible jobs of clearing up.

When I got home tonight I carried with me all the hugs and love and acknowledgement I'd received all evening. And then I opened more lovely emails and cards -  kind, encouraging words and a message on the answer phone  - an offer of a special jug cup which might help Robin with his drinking. 

I feel so blessed tonight. Letting it all in makes my heart bigger and wider and kinder. And theirs too. 





No comments:

Post a Comment