Friday 29 May 2015

Empty, Cold, Tight and Bright





 Feel a bit empty...too tired and it's too late to paint a word picture tonight...stayed up watching an  old  ridiculous Arnold Schwartznegger  movie on TV - God knows why.

Walking back from my Carer's Assessment appointment this morning (  nice woman, useful, inconclusive, need to wait for Robin to have his assessment - wheels grind slow) it pours with rain -  I get drenched and  cold - fingers like frozen sausages - can't get my key in the front door - tearful with frustration.

Later the sun comes out, the wind picks up and we walk back into town for haircuts. Come home with short hair, giant black grapes, English strawberries and a dark navy suit from M&S for Robin to wear at my niece's wedding as his other one is too tight now.

I slice up a whole green garlic bulb, fry it with cherry tomatoes till they just soften and burst, stir in floppy leaves of true spinach and a fine feathery handful of dill and spoon it onto our plates next to the yellow gold folded up cheese omelette that we have for supper.

 I draw the curtain to mask the late sun streaming onto the table  - blinding me with its brightness.

No comments:

Post a Comment