Tuesday 17 March 2015

A Cool Wind Coming


Gorgeous sleeping goddess by Tati Dennehey

This morning, with lots of hand-holding, I slosh around in the mire of the new Care Act of 2014. Trying to decipher what it could mean for us. Trying to work out if we'll be better or worse off.  Trying to find out who - of many people - to talk to find out more. 
On paper it looks positive, hopeful for all carers - giving us different options. The wonderful service( greatly subsided by the local authority) that we've been using from Age UK, called Take A Break, when my husband goes out with his lovely be-friender, is coming to an end. We'll be financially assessed....but may still be able to buy in similar services.  A change coming....a cool wind blowing through the network of support which feels threatened, weakened by the government's need to save money. I want it to mean the weak will still be taken care of....but I'm afraid for some people that won't be true.

Tonight I want to curl up like Tati's gorgeous sleeping goddess and disappear into sweet dreams. 

Watching Poldark on Iplayer is my next best thing .....

No comments:

Post a Comment