Tuesday 10 February 2015

If My Day Was A Shape.....


Struggling to keep the flame of my life burning today.

If my day was a shape it would be long and flat and shallow....like the tidal river we walked beside this morning stretching endlessly into a white sky.

If my day was a texture it would be slippery as egg white - plans slipping away through my fingers....marmalde not made...emails unanswered....stairs unhoovered.

If my day was a sound it would be Stravinsky discordant - the men on the plastic kitchen roof digging out the mortar behind the flashing...landing in chunks like solid thunder....and later a slow headache creeping up behind my eyes becoming a military marching band in my skull tonight.

If my day was a taste it would be faint and bland....like the left over boiled brown rice and greens I had for supper with pumpkin seeds....all the while smelling the aroma of my husband's grilled bacon and garlic mushrooms.

If my day was the weather it would be deep in my bones cold - the heating full on but the only way to stay warm was to sit in my snuggle chair immersed in two soft blankets holding a hot water bottle.

If my day was a smell it would be the the smoke of Patchouli incense and hot candle wax.

If my day was a feeling it would be tight and clenched -  stiff as my neck after my Yoga class yesterday.....tense and on edge like this morning in the Consultant Neurologist's office willing my husband to not say anything inappropriate to the attractive young woman trainee sitting in on our session.

If my day was a colour it would be a wall of slate grey, some of the bricks would be turquoise and teal, guava pink or rusty bronze  - like the colours of the collage I made tonight - pictures and words torn out of magazines and stuck on a big white card....answering in images the question

What nourishes me?  

And not really finding it but noticing I choose a dancing Indian woman, a child on a bed, a tropical fruit salad, feet on rose petals, a grassy path, cherry blossom, books and bowls, trees overhanging a river and a kingfisher and a pussy cat, people round a table, and a sleeping leopard. And the words
 Free,
Coming Home, 
and
 Peace Perfect Peace.



No comments:

Post a Comment