Monday 15 September 2014

Glastonbury Now and Then




Saturday, 2 weeks before our 28th Wedding Anniversary at Glastonbury Tor, Somerset....


 the top turrets swirling with House Martins.....


getting ready to leave maybe....




There has been a chapel on this site since the 12th century.


Rufus has other things on his mind....



 and it's hard to keep both your ears up in the wind at the top of the Tor.


 This Saturday I tell my husband that we came here for our first wedding anniversary in Sept 1987,


and we climbed up to the top of the Tor ..... loved this same view..... but the round stone he's sitting on wasn't there then. He says the name's familiar but he doesn't remember climbing up to the Tor at all.



 Back home even when I show him these photos, taken on our wedding anniversary in 1987 he still doesn't remember ....


 and I'd forgotten that I ever wore white trousers.... but here I am in black and white....


The photos don't lie just don't tell the whole story.....I suspect we have very different memories of our first year of marriage..... for me most of them best forgotten ....but at least I can choose what to remember....what to forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment